CIRCULAR TO ALL STUDENTS: STUDENTS RESUMPTION FOR THE CONTINUATION OF THE FIRST SEMESTER 2019/2020 ACADEMIC SESSION
Senate at its Emergency Meeting held on Tuesday 12th January, 2021 discussed the Students resumption for the continuation of the First Semester of the 2019/2020 Academic Session.
Senate in the course of deliberation observed:
That the Examination for the First Semester of the 2019/2020 Academic Session ought to have commenced on the 8th March 2020 but could not as a result of the lock down engendered by the COVID-19 Pandemic.
Senate consequently DECIDED as follows:
1 That students would resume on the 18th January, 2021.
- That Examinations for First Semester 2019/2020 Academic Session would hold for four (4) weeks to allow for social distancing in the examination venues.
- That 300 to 500 level students would have their Examinations during the First two (2) weeks of the Examination period that is from 24th January to 6th February, 2021.
- The 100 and 200 levels students would have their Examinations during the last two (2) weeks of the Examinations that is 7th to 20th February, 2021.
- Senate also DIRECTED that all students must comply with the underlisted COVID-19 protocols as follows:
i. Wearing of nose masks in all parts of the campus that is lecture rooms, Examination Halls, Hostels, the Library and Relaxation Centres.
ii. Maintenance of social distance.
iii. Washing of hands at the entrance to the University, Lecture Halls, Examination Venues, and the Library.
iv. Use of hand Sanitizers at the various entrances to the University as well as Lecture Halls.
v. That the current policies of no mask no entry, no mask no service would be strictly enforced while use of nose masks by the students would be enforced on campus.
- FINALLY, STUDENTS ARE TO ENSURE THAT THEY COMPLETE THEIR REGISTRATION FOR THE FIRST SEMESTER 2019/2020 ACADEMIC SESSION AS THIS WILL ENABLE THEM TO ACCESS THE UNIVERSITY FACILITIES INCLUDING EXAMINATION HALLS. The above decisions of Senate are hereby conveyed for your compliance, please. Thank you.