The Nigeria Society of Engineers on Monday conferred on Engr. Alex Oladimeji with the prestigious title of fellow of the society.
Oladimeji, fnse, was conferred with the award at a ceremony held at the African hall, International Conference Center, Abuja.
A peep into Alex’s profile shows a self-motivated and insightful Professional with over sixteen years post NYSC experience in Engineering design and Project management in Oil and Gas sector, involving in design, development, installation/construction, documentation and data preparation of Electrical power system (generation, transmission and distribution).
As a COREN registered Engineer, he has successfully participated in consulting for various clients, his personal and Professional development have been focused on Engineering design with good knowledge of power system studies and analysis, switching operations, transformer operations and installation and distribution network monitoring.
He also has a good experience in field operations in Oil and Gas both in onshore and offshore.
He has participated in various projects in Engineering Design (Conceptual, FEED and Detailed) and developed team building capacity with good judgement in project management. He is also an advocate of safety and quality compliance which have resulted in successful completion of the projects without any incident.
Alex is a good team player and exhibit strong interpersonal communication and excellent presentation skill. In addition to his wide range of experiences in public and private sectors, he has passion for politics; he is also an advocate of democracy with ideologies that have impacted positively in the life and orientation of many Nigeria youths.
He started his engineering career from University of Ado Ekiti where he graduated with B.Eng. (hons) in Electrical/Electronic Engineering in 2004. Alex hold a Master’s Degree in Project management from Federal University of Technology Akure in 2019. Alex is currently undergoing his Ph.D. program in project management Technology also in the same University.
A Professional Engineer and Project management consultant who rose from Trainee Engineer to become a Principal Engineer in the industry before he resigned to practice privately.
Alex is an Engineering and project management consultant with special interest in Project alternative dispute resolution.
Alex was the Pioneer president of Professional Development Organization (PDO) Africa Division, PDO is a global engineering organization for career development for Engineers from 2008 to 2012.
During his 15 years in the Industry, Alex has participated in the following projects:
· Assa North – Ohaji South Project (SPDC) FEED 2016
· Assa North – Ohaji South Project (SPDC) Pre-FEED 2015
· Alba compression projects Detailed Design (Marathon) Malabo, Equatorial Guinea. 2013
· Supply line from TSKJ storage tank to MOF jetty Detailed Design (NLNG) -2012
· Ikike field development project (Basic Engineering) Total E&P Nigeria Limited 2010.
· OML99(AMENAM/KPONO) Oily water treatment upgrade-Ph-1(Basic Engineering) Total E&P Nigeria Limited – 2010
· Escravos Terminal Diesel Storage Tank Project, Detailed Eng. Project (Chevron) 2009
· Pigging facilities upgrade project (PFUP) FEED and DETAILED (MOBIL) 2009
· Onshore Asset Gas Management project (Chevron) 2008
· Oko Awo Office Building Electrical Design, 2008
· EB Office Building UPS Upgrading and Sizing, 2008
· Olero Creek Detail Engineering Project. (Chevron) 2007
· Easter Area Gas Utilization (EAGU) FEED Project. (Chevron) 2006
· Pigging operator, DSV Pipethronix Limited 2003
· Engineering Leadership & Management Etiquette (Offshore technology conference) Houston Texas USA May 2015
· Office Safety and First aid (Marathon Oil) Malabo, Equatorial Guinea. (2014)
· Effective mentoring (mentee and mentor relationship) Professional Development Organization (DeltaAfrik) 2012
· Presentation on Hazardous area classifications for trainees Engineer in DeltaAfrik (2008)
· Presentation on Electrical equipments sizing and selection for Electrical department, DeltaAfrik (2006)
· Design and construction of Automatic street light control System (University of Ado Ekiti) 2003
Alex is a member of the following professional Organizations
· Member Nigeria Society of Engineer (MNSE)
· Member Nigeria Institute of Electrical Electronics Engineering (MNIEEE)
· Member Nigeria Institute of Leadership and Management (MNILM)
· Fellow Chartered institute of public Administrator and local government of Nigeria (FCPA)
Politics: Engr. Alex was appointed Senior Special Assistant (SSA) to Governor of Ondo State on Economic Zones Development in 2017. He was appointed Caretaker Chairman of Ifedore LG of Ondo State in 2018 and the ALGON Chairman Ondo state Chapter between 2019 and 2020.
Alex was elected as the Executive Chairman of Ifedore Local Government in August 2020. Alex has a wide range of experiences having worked in the public and private sectors. He is also an experience democracy advocate with Integrity.