The governor of Ondo Stat Oluwarotimi Akeredolu, has reiterated his commitment to ensure a hitch-free Hajj exercise for all intending pilgrims from the State.
This is as 249 intending pilgrims departed Nigeria for Saudi Arabia on Sunday.
Speaking through the chairman Ondo State Muslim Welfare Board, Alhaji Adam Zikrullah Chandy, at Ilorin International Airport in a very short departure ceremony on Saturday, the governor said necessary mechanisms had been put in place to guarantee the welfare and well-being of the intending pilgrims from the State.
Akeredolu urged the intending pilgrims from the State to be good ambassadors of the state and remember to pray for Ondo State, and Nigeria general at this trying time of security challenges.
He therefore admonished them to abide by all regulations laid down by the Saudi Government and be good ambassadors of the State and Nigeria at large.
He said “You must therefore reallise that you are going there for religious exercises, you must be careful not to go against regulations from the Saudi Government and abide by instructions given by officials of the Board.
“You should not do anything that could tarnish the good image of Ondo State and Nigeria in general,” he warned.
249 intending pilgrims from Ondo were airlifted Ilorin International Airport to Madinah, Saudi Arabia on Sunday. Of the 249 intending pilgrims, 119 are females while 130 are males.
Meanwhile, the historical visitation in Medina commenced on Tuesday, 28th June and the Hajji rite is beginning earnest this Friday, 30th June 2022.