10 Things to Know about Dr. Felix Kehinde (DFK), PDP House of Representatives Candidate for Ondo East/West federal constituency
Dr. Felix Kehinde (DFK), PDP House of Representatives candidate for Ondo East/West federal constituency in the 2023 general elections, has been involved in the political process for decades. He has been described by many as a truly honorable politician whose only business in political leadership position is to impact the society positively.
The UK-based medical specialist emerged candidate of the party out of 7 eminently qualified aspirants and grassroots politicians. Interestingly, these aspirants have since thrown their weight behind him. In the last few months, he has been reeling out his agenda for the good people of Ondo kingdom when he becomes a member of the national assembly. Here are some quick facts about DFK that you need to know;
- Dr. Felix Kehinde (DFK) was born in Elomosho, a countryside of Ondo Kingdom in Ondo state
- He started his primary education at St. Peter’s Anglican Primary School in Bolorunduro before proceeding to Gboluji Grammar School Ile-Oluji and Oyemekun Grammar School Akure for his O-Level and A-Level respectively.
- He enrolled at the University of Ibadan (UI) and University College Hospital Ibadan and graduated with MB,BS
- Upon graduation, he underwent and completed the one-year mandatory NYSC scheme in Ede, Osun state. He then began work at the Ondo State Specialist Hospital Akure as House Officer and later worked at the State Specialist Hospital Ondo as a Medical Officer
- In his quest to acquire more knowledge and become a specialist in the field of medicine, DFK was attended courses at University of Manchester and University of Cambridge both in the United Kingdom and was also trained by KSS Deanery
- He began work in the surgical department of Queen Mary Specialist Hospital London and later worked at Prince Charles Hospital in Wales and Barnett Specialist Hospital in London, among others before joining Nuffield House Surgery as a junior partner and rose to become the lead General Practitioner and registered CQC Manager
- Nuffield, where DFK is the lead General Practitioner, has a teaching practice training for doctors including foundation year programme for doctors which is accredited by Cambridge University for teaching medical students in their clinical years
- DFK was invited to the Buckingham Palace for a garden party to mark the platinum jubilee celebration of Queen Elizabeth II in May 2022. This is in recognition of Nuffield House Surgery as a safe, efficient, effective, responsive and well-led surgery and most improved facility in West Essex and Hertfordshire region in England.
- He is the founder of Dr. Felix Kehinde Livelihood Foundation, a non-profit organization that caters for the needs of the downtrodden and supports the communities in infrastructural development. So far, it has carried out road rehabilitation, borehole repairs and repairs and installation of solar-powered streetlights, among others in several parts of Ondo Kingdom.
- He is a proud Ekimogun man who prioritizes the development of the community as evidenced in the several amount of money he has helped raised for the kingdom in different capacities. He is a recipient of numerous awards both in Nigeria and abroad. DFK, a responsible family man, is married to Assumpta and their marriage is blessed with wonderful children