… Approved Infrastructure Projects and 5 New Obas.
Ondo State Executive Council on Thursday, constituted a nine-man committee on palliatives that will workbout the strategies to cushion the effects of fuel subsidy removal in the State.
The State Executive Council meeting was presided by the State Acting Governor, Hon. Lucky Aiyedatiwa held at the Council chamber, Governor office, Alagbaka Akure.
Briefing the press after the Council Meeting, the Commissioner of Education, Science and Technology, Pastor Femi Agagu who led the briefing said, council deliberated on the state of affairs of the State, particularly the pains on residents resulting from the removal of fuel subsidy.
Pastor Agagu, while speaking on the infrastructure projects disclosed that, council approved the award of contract for the construction of 4.75Km selected roads in Igbobini and Agadagba, in Ese-Odo Local Government Area.
He added that, the construction of 1000m concrete walkway at Obe-Nla in Ilaje Local Government Area was also approved by the council.
Commissioner of Economic Planning and Budget, Pastor Emmanuel Igbasan disclosed that the State Government has constituted a nine-man committee headed by Chief of Staff to Governor, Chief Olugbenga Ale, which amongst other things is to fashion out an enduring palliatives measures to remedy the excruciating effects of fuel subsidy removal within available resources.
Other members of the committee are ;
- Head of Service, Pastor Kayode Ogundele.
- Commissioner of Finance, Hon Wale Akinterinwa.
- Commissioner of Economic Planning and Budget, Pastor Emmanuel Igbasan.
- Special Adviser on Education, Dr (Mrs.) Wunmi Ilawole.
- Special Adviser on Union Matters and Special Duties, Mr Dare Aragbaye .
- Special Adviser on Transport, Barrister Tobi Ogunleye.
- Chairman of ODIRS, Mr Tolu Adegbie.
- Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Economic Planning and Budget, Mr Bayo Philips will serve as Secretary of the committee.
On the flood situation; Council commiserated with victims of flood and erosion situation in the state, particularly in Akure, the State capital as government appealed to residents to always embrace good environmental habits.
Special Adviser on Environment, Hon Oyeniyi Oseni who spoke on the subject said government has taken steps to contain floods in the State.
Hon. Opening also disclosed that government has deployed equipments to clear flood prone areas in the State.
He also said, council has approved the construction of flood channels, drainage system and improved drainage network that will help to end the perennial flooding and erosion in the State.
Commissioner for Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs, Alhaji Amidu Takuro equally disclosed that the State Executive Council gave approval for the following newly elected Obas in the State.
- Prince Mafo Ilesanmi Ikuemonisan Raphael, Maporure of Agerige-Aheri Land, Ilaje LG .
- Prince Joshua Adebimpe Asumo, Olukaro of Ikaro, Ose LG.
- Prince Olugbemi Sewo, Oloto of Igbisin- Oloto, Okitipupa LG.
- Prince Muriana Adefemi Ajiboye, Olugbe of Ugbe, Akoko North East LG .
- Prince Adetuwo Segun Joseph, Olu of Igodan-Lisa, Okitipupa LG.
Press Secretary to the Governor, Office of Acting Governor.
Photo Credit: Abayomi Adefolalu.