[Sponpored] Being a communique Of An Emergency Meeting Held At Akoko North West Local Government Headquarters, yesterday the 1st of November, 2023.
After observing and deliberating on issues surrounding the peaceful and harmonious relationship between Akoko North West Local Government and Akoko North East Local Government, as well as the political developments on the forthcoming bye-election in our Federal Constituency, we concluded on the following:
- That Akoko North East and Akoko North West has equal right to the senatorial seat and the House of Representative seat at the National Assembly in Abuja.
- That an Akoko North East indigene Senator Jide Ipinsagba is currently occupying the Senatorial seat being the upper chamber of the National Assembly after enjoying massive support from the good people of Akoko North West and the goodwill of the Minister of Interior, Hon Olubummi Tunji-Ojo.
- That Akoko North West was voted for en-masse by the good people of Akoko North East and Akoko North West to occupy the House of Representative seat being the lower chamber of the National Assembly for a second term.
- That we stand on the continuity of the Akoko North West ongoing mandate given by the good people of Akoko North East/North West Federal Constituency in the last general election, the same election that produced the distinguished Senator from Akoko North East local government.
- That the appointment of Hon. Dr. Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo, the holder of the House of Representatives seat who was duly sworn in for a second term as a member of the House to represent the constituents as Hon. Minister is an appointment and cannot shift the vacant position of the House of Representatives which he was holding in trust for the good people of Akoko North West to our sister Local Government.
- That we pass a vote of confidence on the Minister of Interior, Hon. Dr. Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo as our leader in Akoko. He is a shining light in the Renewed Hope government of President Bola Ahmed Tinubu.
- We hereby, appeal to our brothers and sisters, the stakeholders, and the political gladiators from Akoko North East to stop forthwith all the activities geared at returning the vacant House of Representative seat to their Local Government in the spirits of brotherliness, Fairness, Love and Equality.
Akoko Youth Forum Excos from Akoko North West.
Akoko North West Youth Forum Stakeholders
National Congress of Akoko Students Excos from Akoko North West.
Akoko North West West Students Union Government.
Akoko North West Youth Parliament