The passing of the former Governor of Ondo State, Arakunrin Oluwarotimi Odunayo Akeredolu, SAN, CON was painful to us at the Chartered Institute of Personnel Management (CIPM) for his demise is a colossal lost not only to the HR profession but also to the entire nation.
- The late Arakunrin was an ardent defender of workers’ rights and the Biblical quotation ” a labourer is worthy of his wage” remained his watchword. He ensured that workers salaries were paid as and when due and as well cleared the backlogs of salaries owed by his predecessor.
- Our dear Governor was an astute manager of resources ( human and materials). The former Governor was a masterful architect of industrial harmony who related with labour in an open, transparent and fair manner, thus laid the foundation for a period of unparalleled labour peace that the State is enjoying today.
- Under his watch, Aketi sticked to merit- based cum seniority in appointments of Permanent Secretaries, thus fostering a culture of excellence in the State’s Public Service. This afforded our qualified members to be appointed as permanent secretaries without any string attached.
- We applaud his unwavering commitment to workers – friendly policies as well as his administration’s dedication to workers’ training and retraining for their professional growth and better performance. We will miss his forthrightness, dedication, sincerity and excellent leadership in the sunshine State.
- Our thoughts are with the Akeredolu’s family, friends, Olowo of Owo, Oba Ajibade Gbadegesin Ogunoye III (a member of CIPM) and the entire people of Ondo State.
We pray that God will grant us all the fortitude to bear the irreparable lost.
Ageh Ayodeji, ACIPM
Chairman, CIPM Ondo State