By Sola Obagbemisoye
Recently, the Senior Special Assistant to Ondo state Governor on ICT Hon. Olumbe Akinkugbe granted “SunshinePlus” (a media unit of the state ministry of Information) all inclusive interview to showcase the model achievement of the present administration in the area of digital technology.
In the scintillating and exciting interview, the SSA who doubles as the Chairman of the State Information Technology Agency (SITA) left no one in doubt that the Gov. Arakunrin Oluwarotimi Akeredolu (SAN) is living no stone unturned to create enough digital space for Ondo youth to rule their world.
According to him, the establishment of Akure TechHub is a practical demonstration of his commitment to this.
Here are ten major bullet points from the interview:
PURPOSE OF THE AKURE TECHHUB
– to develop a digital skills, products, and services for advancement of future generations.
– the center is a place where young entrepreneurs will need not to be worried about light, internet facilities and information to intarract with the outside world.
– it is a place where young inventors can locate themselves, collaborate and develop new skills and ideas for local, national and international consumption.
– the aim is to make Ondo state one of the most preferred techhub destination in Africa by year 2025.
– has created space for young talented minds to meet and showcase their skills in internet business.
– has taken ICT business beyond purchase and repair of cell phones, Lap and Desk tops.
– after a competitive pitch on webb page, Salaudeen Teslim came up with UpNepa Nigeria Project: a Mobile App to monitor electricity supply across cities in Nigeria.
– Omotayo Boluwatife with business name “Tab Digital” also developed a Mobile App to solve any fault on cell phone on line.
– Perhaps, the most amazing young entrepreneur is Bibi-Anne Ayodeji who invented a Mobile App that brings food to individual’s table regardless of where he/she lives, work or play.
– one of the facilitators and director of “Emerging Communities Africa” Kiitan David says the sky is the starting point for any young entrepreneur under the umbrella of the techhub.