Following inaccurate reports flying around the media space concerning the intended privatization of the Rufus Giwa Polytechnic Staff School, Owo, it is imperative to state the following for the records:
1. That the Rotimi Akeredolu led administration remains committed to the welfare of all workers in Ondo State at all times and all government policies and decisions are taken with the interest of all workers at heart.
2. That the intended privatization becomes sacrosanct as the continuous running of the school profitably can no longer be guaranteed because as at now, the cost of running the school stands at N74,000,000(Seventy Four Million Naira) yearly while the total income from the school yearly is just about N4,000,000(Four Million Naira) yearly. This fact is sacred and can also be investigated independently.
3. That no person will be disengaged as a result of this corporate structural readjustment EXCEPT for those who are no longer employable due to age factor and such category workers will be duly compensated.
4. That efforts are been made to ensure that workers who were not employed directly by the Polytechnic and can not be absorbed into the system as such are been recommended for employment by the investors and this will be followed till the latter.
5. That the initial bubbles are well countenanced just as management remains committed to different ways to assuage the inconveniences that may be experienced by our workers who have put so many years into the service of the school which we believe will do anything to avoid a collapse of the prestigious school that is no longer self sustaining.
6. That we seek the understanding and support of all stakeholders towards an amicable resolution of all issues that may further arise in respect of the proposed privatization of the school as the collective interest of the state remains a priority.
Banji Alabi Esq.