Leaders of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Ifedore Local Government Area of Ondo State have thrown their weights behind the selection of consensus candidates in the upcoming congress of the party.
The leaders took this decision during a meeting of party members in the Council on Monday.
The meeting which was at the behest of the Speaker of the State, Rt. Hon. Bamidele Oleyelogun was held at his residence in Isarun and attended by no fewer than 50 leaders of the party, spread across the 10 wards of the the Local Government.
Mr Festus Adebobola, Chief of Staff to the Speaker in a statement made available to The Precision NG disclosed that the meeting became important so that the guidelines for the process of the forthcoming congresses would be relayed to the leaders by the Speaker.
He added the meeting was called in order to conduct a free, fair, peaceful and meaningful congress.
The statement added that Rt Hon. Oleyelogun delivered the message of the Governor Oluwarotimi Odunayo Akeredolu, SAN, which stated that women must occupy 25 percent of the Excos, while people living with disabilities should be considered.
According to Adebobola, the Leaders unanimously resolved that:
i. Selection of Excos shall be on Consensus at each ward.
ii. List of Excos from each ward shall have the signatures of 10 Leaders of the ward in which 3 women must be part of the 10 signatories.
iii. The Youth Leaders shall be home-based.
iv. Women shall form 25% of the Excos.
V. Physically Challenged shall be part of the Excos.
Meanwhile, Adhoc committee was set up to look into matters militating against the peace enjoyed among members in the Council.
The committee was saddled with the responsibilities to investigate, recommend and submit their report in earliest time.
In attendance at the meeting are;
- Engr. Alex Oladimeji (LG Chairman)
- Mr. Tunde Fawoyi (APC LG Chairman)
- Rt. Hon. Ayo Agbonmuserin (Former Speaker, ODHA)
- DR. Adeluse Obe (Former LG Chairman)
- Barrister Tobi (Former SA to the Gov.)
- Barrister. Komolafe (Former LG V/Chairman) 7. Chief Sapetu (Former Caretaker Chairman)
- Hon. Idowu Adebusuyi (Former Member House of Assembly)
- Col. Apata (Board Member OODUA Investment)
- Hon. Muyide (Former LG Chairman)
- Hon. Oloworibi (Former Councillor)
- Barrister Asani Hassan (Former LG V/Chairman)
- Dare Boboye (Former LG APC chairman)
Also in attendance are Councilors in the Council, Madam Damilola, Oyinkansola Williams, Mrs Ajisafe, Osamaye Seun (SLA on Gender Equality and Social Dev. to the Speaker, National Assembly and Mrs Adu.