Easter: It Is Time For Renewed Hope, Sacrifice-Akeredolu Urges Christians
Ondo State Governor, Arakunrin Oluwarotimi Akeredolu, SAN, has urged Christians in the state and the country at large to reflect on the reason for the season by showing love, forgiveness and compassion to one another.
Governor Akeredolu, who described the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ as a symbol of sacrifice and renewed hope for the believers, admonished the people to reinforce their trust and hope for greater Nigeria.
The Governor in his Easter message to the people of the state said, despite the various challenges facing the country, the hope and trust of the people are the seeds needed to surmount these obstacles and birth a greater Nigeria.
“The death and resurrection of Jesus Christ represents Christ’s victory over death. It also brings to fore, the lessons of love, sacrifice and a renewed hope for mankind. We must imbibe the teachings this season represents.
“As a people desirous of positive change, we must strive not to lose hope, rather, we must invest our trust in God and work hard to emplace good governance in all levels of government.
“As we celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ, let us show love to our neighbors and remember the less privileged. Just as Jesus sacrificed his life for our salvation, we must reflect the values of peace and sacrifice as we celebrate with one another.” the Governor said.
Governor Akeredolu assured the people of adequate security of lives and property before, during and after the Easter celebration, adding that the security agencies alongside the state security network codenamed Amotekun are all at strategic locations across the state in a bid to ensure that the people have a peaceful Easter celebration.
Chief Press Secretary to the Governor of Ondo State.
Pray for Peace – Mimiko at Easter
Dr Olusegun Mimiko, former governor of Ondo State, has asked Nigerian Christians to pray ceaselessly for peace to reign in the country as we celebrate the 2022 Easter, the feast of the resurrection of Jesus Christ.
In a statement by John Paul Akinduro, his Special Assistant on Media and Digital Communications, Mimiko said “Easter signifies victory over death. Unfortunately, this seems to be season of harvest of painful and avoidable corporeal deaths, inflicted by State and non-State actors.
“As we merry with fellow Nigerians, let us remember to pray that the spirit of Easter; selflessness, forgiveness, victory of good over evil prevail this season and beyond”.
The former governor said Christians must pray and work for peace to reign as this is a major way towards achieving a prosperous Nigeria.
DEJI CONGRATULATES CHRISTIANS ON THE CELEBRATION OF EASTER
The Deji of Akure Kingdom and the Chairman of Ondo State Council of Obas, Oba (Dr.) Aladetoyinbo Ogunlade Aladelusi, Odundun II wishes to congratulate Christians in Ondo State and across the globe on the occasion of the celebration of this year Easter.
- His Majesty describes the Easter period as a season that we must all reflect on the teachings of Christ and the dominion that his death bequeath on us as a joint-heirs with Christ.
- Oba Aladetoyinbo wishes to urges Nigerians to emulate Christ who despite his travails prayed and seek God’s forgiveness for his persecutors. In this wise, we must all see it as a divine call to rise and pray ceaselessly for our dear nation at this critical time. We cannot ignore the fact that we are faced with myriads of challenges. Notwithstanding, there will be a light at the end of the tunnel if we do not relent in our prayers and dedication towards achieving a better Nigeria.
- On the State of the nation, Oba Aladetoyinbo urges the Christain Leaders not to relent in their prayers which had contributed immensely to the sustenance of our nation. He equally appeal to them to continue to lend their voices and speak up on issues on national importance.
- On the issue of insecurity, His Majesty wishes to appreciate the service Chiefs for their efforts at curtailing insecurity while urging them to redouble their efforts in other to rid the country of bandits and insurgents that had made the country unsafe.
- Oba Aladetoyinbo wishes to urge all Nigerians to continue to seek the good of the land with a good heart that will make us a more prosperous and united nation with an assured better future.
Chief Press Secretary to the Deji of Akure Kingdom & Chairman, Ondo State Council of Obas.
16th April, 2022.