Achievers University, Owo can now start running medicine and surgery (MBBS) programme.
This is contained in the directive of the national universities commission (NUC) in a letter signed by Abubakar Girei, Acting Director, Academic Planning of the commission, and addressed to the Vice Chancellor of the University, Prof. Omolola Irinoye.
“I am directed to inform the Vice-Chancellor that the Ag. Executive Secretary has considered and approved the establishment of the full-time mode of the following undergraduate programmes, to be run in the Main Campus of the University with effect from 2023/2024 academic session,” the letter dated 31 October, 2023 read.
Details of all the programmes approved are stated below:
- MBBS. Medicine and Surgery
- Pharm. D. Doctor of Pharmacy
- DPT Doctor of Physiotherapy
- B.Sc. Health Information Management
- B.Sc. Procurement Management
- B.Sc. Banking and Finance
- B.Sc. Remote Sensing and Geoscience Information System
- B.Ed. Guidance and Counselling
- BLIS. Library and Information Science
- B.Ed Chemistry Education
- B.Ed. Biology Education
“I am to add that the approval does not cover the part-time mode of delivery of the programmes.
“The programmes shall bear only the approved title and nomenclature and any change will require the approval of the Commission. The University is enjoined to provide adequate human and material resources for the development and growth of the approved programmes,” the NUC letter read.