By Ibrahim Kilani, Ikare.
The Chief Imam of Ikare Akoko, Ondo State, Sheik Abbas Abubakri Muhammed has lauded the State Government’s decision to shut the ancient town’s central mosque, adding that it will bring sanity to the system.
Alhaji Abbas stated this on Tuesday while reacting to the new development.
He said government has done the right thing to get to the root of the crisis.
Precision Online Newspaper had reported on Monday that the State Government, arising from a council meeting ordered the closure of the worship centre, pending the resolve of the crisis.
The crisis had started last week when a letter from the Ikare Muslim Council surfaced online, allegedly sacking the Imam. No reason was stated for his removal. See the letter below:
In the same vein, the Secretary of the Islamic Brotherhood Forum, Ikare Akoko, Alhaji Ibrahim Omotunase appealed to the government to fast track the resolutions before Friday, because it is un-islamic for mosques, a praying centre to be locked, thereby depriving worshippers from exercising their religious obligations.
Also, a Muslim faithful, who prays in the mosque, Mr Fatai Kehinde said travelers who wanted to pray in the mosque will be disappointed.
He called on all parties in the matter to sheath their swords and fear Allah, death and the day of judgement, when everybody will be accountable for their roles and deeds while on earth.
Meanwhile, no sign of threat to peace around the mosque premises as people are going about their normal business.